A Call to Action: New Moon Astrology Dec 28, 2016
• Article Window: Dec 28 to Jan 27
• The New Moon is Dec 28, 2016 10:53 PM PDT
• Sun is 8° Capricorn, Moon is 8° Capricorn
• New Moon Theme (Dec 28 to Jan 27): A Call to Action
• Next Full Moon is Jan 12, 2017
Current Lunar Cycle
The New Moon releases a new wave of available potential that sets the overall theme for the entire month that follows. This month’s Lunar Cycle offers a new tool-set that creates momentum for energizing your life purpose. To experience your fullest potential in the coming month allow this energy to guide you, especially while adjusting to changing circumstances.
Astrology Article: A Call to Action
This month’s New Moon Astrology is unusual in that each individual’s experience will be quite different. The reason for such a high degree of variability in our New Moon energies stems from a highly compact group of planets working together. In astrology terms, we call this planetary grouping a “stellium.”
Stelliums, with their nature of competing and diverse energies, are complex and as such are often inherently difficult to work with.
The overall signature of this stellium includes an underlying experience of happiness and joy. When looking closely at the pattern of current New Moon energies, two possible paths emerge. The first is a superficial and generalized response to this impulse of happiness, while the second is more complex and personal.
The first path of superficial response leads to a superficial kind of happiness. This will come from a tendency to bury one’s head in the sand as a way to ignore the deeper call to action. This surface level of happiness leads to distraction as a way to avoid working with the complexities of energies contained in this New Moon.
A Diversity of Individual Response
Happiness and joy are available to everyone this coming month, however the potential for lasting change will rise from the individual response to a deep sense of participation and call to action. Each person will hear and respond to this call in very different ways.
The most significant thing to understand about this astrological stellium is that these energies are highly structured. They are specifically designed to activate a certain area of life for the purpose of creating new change and growth.
You can identify the nature of the activation in your life by paying attention to what you’re drawn to and the ways in which you’re called to take action.
You can also understand your personal form of activation by finding the location of the New Moon stellium in your own birth chart. To determine this area of activation simply identify the houses in your natal chart that span the last half of Sagittarius through the first half of Capricorn. More specifically, this is the section of your chart from 22° Sagittarius (Saturn) to 17° Capricorn (Pluto).
Here is a generalized list of twelve possible ways that you might feel this New Moon activation in your personal life. This general overview highlights the ways the twelve individual houses are activated by the current New Moon stellium.
1. A commitment toward self-care and your inner world.
2. Standing up to family pressures and following your own path.
3. Searching out new information about what is really going on in the world, beyond the reality propagated by status quo and corporate media.
4. Cooperating and supporting the bigger picture of what’s important to those you love.
5. Seeking out new levels of creative involvement, especially where you see a clear and present need.
6. Re-evaluating what you have been told about your role and purpose in life.
7. Noticing what others are doing to find meaning in their life and seeking out new relationships that support your expansion.
8. Looking beyond and beneath the surface of things and feeling moved by the positive, yet unseen forces for good.
9. Looking at the general state of the world and seeking to expand those values and principles that guide you.
10. Standing up to the abuse of power and covert control, including those individuals who think they know what’s best for you.
11. Identifying actions you can take to undermine corruption and deceit by policy makers.
12. Contributing to solutions that perpetuate world peace, including grassroots attempts toward cooperation with those of like-mindedness.
This list is general in scope, but does show the diversity of experience we can all expect during this coming Lunar month. By holding mindfulness for the complexity of the possibilities, and taking action on your insights, you can expect to experience new meaning in your life.
This month’s Lunar cycle will be very diverse, including the way that circumstances in our lives are highlighted. The stellium of energies that are being activated by the New Moon is producing a high degree of happiness and joy. For those who choose the path of distraction, this happiness will be superficial and temporary. For those, however, who choose to respond to a deeper and personal call to action, this is a happiness that can result in lasting change.
This deeper activation is designed to help you expand personally as you
also contribute to the collective good. As you read through the generalized list of possible experiences, notice if one or more of them speak to you. By responding to new awareness in these areas, you’ll experience a personal call to action that can result in lasting change and deeper meaning in your life.
Happy New Year,