Article Window: Feb 15 to Mar 17
• New Moon Solar Eclipse is Thursday, Feb 15, 1:05 PM PST
• Sun is 28° Aquarius, Moon is 28° Aquarius
• Next Full Moon: Mar 1
• Current Solar Eclipse Theme (Feb 15 – Mar 17): Guiding Intelligence
When the Sun is eclipsed by the Moon we experience both a New Moon and Solar eclipse. In addition to the monthly effect of the New Moon and launch of a new Lunar cycle, the darkening of our Sun produces a unique shadow that affects our consciousness in a significant manner. This article discusses our February Solar eclipse and how you can access its powerful eclipse signature to awaken to the new energies coming to our Earth.
Astrology Article: Accessing Your Guiding Intelligence
Our solar eclipse in Aquarius introduces a new principle into our awareness to act as a guiding intelligence for anyone who has the desire to move forward in life using positive momentum. This new level of intelligence isn’t the form of intelligence associated with intellectual analysis or the memorization of facts that is commonly emphasized in our educational system. Instead it’s a new approach to life that utilizes key principles of Aquarian consciousness.
The Solar Eclipse Shadow Effect
The Sun and Moon are continuously working together to make personal growth and consciousness both meaningful and successful. The Sun is generally considered an impersonal source of energy for all of humanity, available to all. The Sun helps us connect with the consciousness of prosperity and envisioning new horizons. The Sun does not discriminate and gives equally to all. The Moon has a more intimate and personal relationship to each of us. The Moon’s energy is released over time to govern all cycles of personal growth.
When the Moon eclipses the Sun it produces a shadow that marks the potential for a change within our consciousness. This shadow, or eclipse, signifies a personal potential for conscious change, allowing you the individual to consciously connect to the “Bigger Picture” of your life. In the case of this particular eclipse, the bigger picture shows you how you can better utilize your intellect and intelligence to expand consciousness and experience a new connection to your clear inner guidance.
The specific fact that a shadow is produced over the Sun is in itself extremely significant. During a solar eclipse the Moon’s shadowing takes an impersonal aspect of the Sun and makes it personal for each of us. This shadow reminds us on a deep level of our own ability to create a shadow. As an individual each of us stands in direct relief to the Sun. We are highlighted as an independent field of growth and purpose. In this New Moon moment our relationship with the Sun becomes personal, accessible, and unique.
This Aquarius eclipse activation is personalizing a new strategy for intelligent inner guidance. What’s important to emphasize again is that this is intelligence operating through harmony with nature. It’s not data centric or purely intellectual or conceptually abstract. The marker of this eclipse effect will help us expand beyond limited measures of “intelligence.”
A New Level of Holistic Intelligence
This eclipse signature of holistic intelligence speaks directly to the fact that what is being introduced at the eclipse isn’t a heavy intellectual concept. It is just the opposite. What’s being introduced is an intuitive form of Aquarian harmony and connection.
The process of this activation will be concentrated over the coming 28-day Lunar cycle. The key theme that’s being activated during this lunar cycle is guidance and harmony through the use of various types of non-traditional intelligence. Because Aquarian intelligence is non-traditional I’m going to take some time here to introduce five key aspects that you can use this coming month to connect more fully with your inner guidance.
Five Forms of Aquarian Intelligence
1) Intelligent Foresight. This type of intelligence isn’t dependent on any academic standards to tell you how smart you are. It has more to do with the skillful use of applying what you know within the circumstances of your life and natural environment.
This concept of Aquarian “foresight” can be related to the idea of harmony within natural cycles and rhythms of nature. For example, knowing that you live where winters are cold and harsh, you may use intelligent foresight to ensure you have an adequate supply of chopped wood for your fireplace in order to stay warm for the duration of the cold season.
The shadow element of this new energy of foresight lies in not fully recognizing the underlying harmony that lies within all rhythms and cycles of growth. This same harmony has the potential to permeate every action and facet of your life if only you can see and align with the underlying intelligent pattern at work.
2) Protective Intelligence. This type of intelligence is protective against storms and trials that enter your life from various sources. This subtle form of intelligence uses clever and subtle insight to allow you to navigate the present moment in order to shield you from unnecessary hardships.
3) Knowledge of the Past. At times it is much easier to recognize patterns in hindsight, or as you are looking to the past from a current vantage point. Using this type of intelligence, your knowledge of the past can be used to view current circumstances from a different light. In other situations it can be much easier to deal with unfinished business when the past pattern is more clearly understood.
4) Cultural Trends. The insight that rises from new understandings of cultural trends can be very useful. This type of intelligence is able to identify repeating patterns as trends that can provide a tremendous amount insight into the direction and momentum of new developments in society. This insight can help you consciously choose the trends with which you will participate. For example, there is a cultural trend toward granting greater authority to those who want to create more centralized control and power. This trend has never worked out well for the collective. Another form of an Aquarian trend is the grass roots movement that calls for greater transparency within government and military spending.
5) Popular Ideas. Ideas that are accepted en mass simply because they are superficially pleasing or popular all too often end with unintended consequences. Popular ideas that grow organically from the bottom up have a different energy than ideas that are pushed, or sold from the top down. It’s interesting to observe the contrast between the grassroots movement against nuclear energy in the 1970’s, which resulted in the closing of the majority of nuclear plants, compared to the top-down approach of today’s corporate lobby pushing for more nuclear energy. An example of another popular idea that’s gaining a great deal of attention is artificial intelligence or AI. Although the idea is a popular concept, popularity alone is not a good indicator of whether this technology is good for humanity in the long run.
The Aquarian Shadow
The Aquarian shadow of Intelligence occurs when our connection to the natural cycles and rhythms of nature is lost or ignored. When more modernized ideas of intelligence consist of ONLY data and facts, they become an unhealthy focus of limited perspectives and disconnected versions of reality. In these cases the connection to what is real and good becomes subjected to the official narrative of what the facts mean, rather than to be used for guidance, growth, and personal meaning. Without personal meaning and value, an intellectual shadow emerges, what we call the “Aquarian shadow.”
For example, intelligent foresight stems from an understanding of natural cycles and the rhythms of life. There’s no memorization needed for this to become a valuable tool of guidance. This form of Aquarian intelligence shines a light on the knowledge and skill used within natural surroundings to expand into the natural harmony and rhythm of life.
Strength, efficiency, and intelligence are all needed to incorporate a harmony that’s capable of permeating life in every action you take. This type of intelligence stems from a pattern of harmony that allows for events to become illuminated with deeper significance. It is the intelligence factor itself, working through the harmony of pattern, that protects, nurtures, and harmonizes life for a greater purpose.
We have a Solar eclipse that’s positioned between Venus and Mercury, thus creating a stellium. The overall signature pattern of this stellium is one of harmonious intelligence. Our stellium is also balsamic to Neptune, meaning that there is a necessary “letting go” or completing of some type of unfinished business.
In addition, when looking closely at the deeper meaning of the Sabian symbols, seven of the eleven archetypes indicate that a new relationship to intelligence must be integrated. To do this we must also let go of old concepts of what intelligence means.
The stellium and archetypes are all working together to focus energy through the North Node at 15 Leo. This is one of the four major power release points in the zodiac. This focused release of power at 15 Leo indicates a new focused direction that needs to unfold through the coming Lunar cycle.
Within the context of this chart, especially because of the release of power at 15 Leo, there is an element of showmanship. On a superficial level the dramatization of popular ideas may prove to be glamorous or entertaining to the collective’s sentiment. It’s important to avoid this tendency, which would likely trigger the shadow or at the least distract you from access to the intelligent foresight necessary to see what is truly occurring in your life and circumstances.
With the use of Aquarian guidance you have a new tool for accessing new levels of internal intelligence and guiding principles to help you move forward in your life
Intelligent foresight involves the ability to see the intelligent patterns operating as harmony within Nature’s natural cycles and rhythms. It operates beyond institutional measurements and testing, and incorporates awareness of your natural surroundings. Letting go of unhealthy trends and seeing life with a fresh perspective will help protect, balance, and nurture your growth and progress. This month you have the opportunity to step into a new level of connection to your true nature through your inner guidance. Happy New Moon